Purple Hibiscus: Low-stakes Revision Quizzing for A-level Examinations
Explain the quotation: You must include consideration of characterisation, themes, structure of the novel, context and offer one other linking quote.
- “I wished Amaka would keep her voice low. I was not used to this king of conversation at the table.” p.97
- “She said ‘teenagers’ as if she were not one, as if teenagers were a brand of people who, by not listening to culturally conscious music, were a step beneath her.” p.118
- “Do you think we’re abnormal?’ I asked in a whisper.” p.151
- “Perhaps we all changed after Nsukka – even Papa – and things were destined to not be the same, to not be in their original order.” p.209
- “Those shoulders that bloomed in Nsukka, that grew wide and capable, have sagged in the thirty-one months that he has been here.” p.300
Bonus point: What is the linking factor between all of these quotations?