Year 8 Writing from a Viewpoint: Homework study schedule
|Select and complete a worksheet on Logos or Pathos|
|Re-read your Knowledge Organiser and ensure you are confident of the techniques outlined in Ethos, Logos and Pathos by Aristotle.|
|Learn week 1 spellings and definitions of Tier 2 vocabulary|
|Reading the following articles and watch the following videos on poaching in Africa. Spend another 10 minutes planning a persuasive writing piece arguing to tackle poaching. Be sure to make your viewpoint clear.
Be aware: poaching articles may include shocking images therefore, read with care
|Learn week 2 spellings and definitions of Tier 2 vocabulary|
|Spend 20 minutes completing your persuasive writing piece on poaching.
· Define the parameters of the question
· Place yourself on the continuum of ‘To what extent do you agree’
· Order your plan logically
· Create a hierarchy of importance within the causes and effects of poaching
· Use your Knowledge Organiser to consolidate your key conventions and make sure you apply them
· Include ‘Intensifiers’ in your writing
|Learn week 3 spellings and definitions of Tier 2 vocabulary|
|Research facts and statistics about the Australian Bushfires to build into your writing from a viewpoint|
|Learn week 4 spellings and definitions of Tier 2 vocabulary|
|Research/Revise facts and statistics about any of the following topics to use in your writing from a viewpoint. Make sure you have formulated supported opinions and qualifiers for your chosen topics:
· Should 16 year-olds vote?
· Holidays such as Mother’s Day or Valentines Day should be removed
· Zoos and Animal Captivity
· Should plastic be banned?
|Revise randomized spellings and definitions of Tier 2 vocabulary|
|Revise for upcoming assessment with self-quizzing using your Knowledge Organiser|
|Create flashcards for each convention of this writing style|
One thought on “Writing from a Viewpoint: Homework Study Schedule”
I real delighted to find this site on bing, just what I was looking for : D too saved to fav.